Thursday, March 12, 2009

Work work work.....


I paid for a long weekend today at the office. Only working part time it ended up as my only office day this week! My desk was already piled with paperwork as I walked through the door at 6.30am!!!!! The phone didn't stop, the emails kept coming and I had to sit through an hour session on the technicalities of a new training package while I very non mindfully kept thinking about the other things on my page long "to do list".

At one point I think I actually declared outloud "I can only do what I can do" and should stop feeling stressed for not being able to fit all the work into my work hours this week. It is what it is. So I rescheduled an afternoon meeting and got the more urgent things done and left on time to get home to pick the 5 yr old up from a friend's house.

A non meditating day and I can feel it. I had planned to spent 15 mins in the quiet of the office this morning - but the CEO scared me when he arrived not long after me! Glad he didn't find me sitting in the dark with my eyes closed and ipod on!

It did rain today, beautiful heavy rain that soaked the city this morning. It was as dark as night and just refreshing and invigorating to see the water splashing off the window sills. The garden looks more green - if that is possible! Hopefully more to come!

Note to self - add to personal to do list, find a new job that is more unique, colourful and creative. I know the grass is always greener but the grey office is just too colourless! I need to look outside the square.


My photo today reminds me of why I do work....ssshhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment