Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Think before acting....


My patience and energy were tested today.

I am not quite sure what I was thinking when I suggested that the 5 yr old ride to school today. It was such a lovely morning, we were up early and all seemed good! We did make it 3/4 of the way there before I ended up pushing her bike, so I guess that is a positive. So is the fact I got to walk/run home and get some exercise done before 9.30 in the morning.

I enjoyed a productive and energised day of household chores - including using the grey water from the washing machine to water my limp looking james stirlings out the back and a peaceful meditation session.

I walked back to school with a positive mantra running through my head "she will want to ride home and she won't throw a tantie in the school yard".....well she didn't throw the tantie in the school yard as I bribed her with the idea of buying an icypole on the way home. She did throw a tantie when we hit the main road and she decided she didn't want to ride anymore....her legs were tired. So started a mexican standoff of mega proportions.

My patience won out (or maybe it was the threat of no icy pole) and she hopped back on the bike with me pushing her. We were talking by the time we got to the shops and she was positively perky after we bought her icy pole.

Lesson of the day - school for a 5 yr old is enough of a challenge - physically, emotionally, mentally - without the added addition of a 2km round trip on a bike - no matter how much mummy wants to get some exercise.

Instead I will be better organised to use my child free/work free time to find time for me. I have managed to find 20 mins a day to meditate, now I just need 30 mins 3 times a week to exercise. The benefits were evident today as I positively bounced from chore to chore after my morning run!

I must work out how to load my photos from yesterday and today off my phone. I am a bit of a techno moron!

American Idol about to start...so begins mummy time!

No comments:

Post a Comment