Monday, September 7, 2009

So what now....


Now the dust has settled on my tumultuous couple of weeks I am left wondering what next.


My dad starts chemo in hospital this week - mum will be looking after him and because his immune system will be shot none of us will we won't see him for the next little bit.


I have updated my resume. Registered with some recruitment agencies. Applied for a couple of jobs. Started networking and getting the word out that I am looking for work.


Now what?


I have gone from having very little free time to all of a sudden having time. I seem to get less done the more time I have. One of my friends suggested I put together a weekly schedule to make sure I get things done and create a new routine for myself. Probably a good idea.


I find myself in the strange limbo land. Waiting for my dad to get better. Constantly watching my bank balance to make sure I don't run out money. Searching for a fabulous part time job. Applying for that fabulous part time job. Waiting to hear if I get the fabulous part time job.


I don't do waiting and uncertainty very well. I will meditate more and try and relax and go with the flow.....

3 comments:

  1. Goodness - what a time you are having. Please on my best wishes-fingers-&-toes crossed for your Dad but also for the fab job that I am sure will pop up any minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely comments! I will continue to plod along....everything happens for a reason. I just need to make sure I enjoy the break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. It is really interesting. Thanks for sharing the post! The Beauty in Things

    ReplyDelete